Working as an integral part of the IS department the Service Desk technician will support the business by managing, maintaining and improving the technical systems and processes for both my clients customer facing services and the corporate services as used by internal users.
You will be experienced in providing technical support within the enterprise space or a similar technical industry for a business of approx. 400 users, across multiple sites and using a various of different technologies.
This is a support technician position. Most work involves troubleshooting, installation of hardware, software, and network connections. Ideal candidate will have good communication skills and some technical skills with Windows 2016, 2012, 2008, 2003, 2000, and SBS.
* Provide technical operational and engineering support for approx. 400 users across two locations.
* Day to day working on the service desk, providing support for end user IT and platform based incidents
* Support and patching of the desktop, server and corporate systems including but not limited to; (e.g. virtualised platforms, mail, DNS, AD, Radius, SAN storage, backups and office applications)
* Manage and maintain the network and infrastructure that underpins the business including the internal LAN and WAN
* Ensure that the IS team can pro-actively monitor, manage and maintain all technical systems
* Identification and resolution of performance issues on all systems
* Pro-active systems monitoring and event management
* Fostering a culture of customer focus, responsibility, professionalism and openness within the technical team
Skills and Experience
* Successful track record in working within technical operation or engineering teams that supports a business of a similar size. (c.400 Users)
* Experience of a technical services environment, preferably within an ITIL based environment
* In-depth working knowledge of Windows OS's, MS Office, Desktop Support (general), Hardware Support (general) and installation of PCs
* In-depth working knowledge of Windows Platform based technologies (Windows Server, Exchange, AD, Group Policies, DHCP, Office365 etc.)
* Technical knowledge of Systems; DNS, Mail, VoIP, Databases, monitoring platforms, Virtualisation, Cloud solutions and SAN data storage
* Working knowledge of networking: Routing, Switching, Ethernet, Broadband, SNMP, QOS, firewalls and wireless technologies etc.
* Working knowledge of corporate telephony solutions
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Experience of using and maintaining Linux/Open Source based technical platforms and applications
* Appreciation of software development/scripting skills, eg SQL; PHP (on Debian or Redhat) and Windows Powershell
* Vendors & Industry Knowledge of VMware, AWS, Microsoft Windows and Linux.
As an equal opportunities employer, Cordant People welcomes applications from all sections of the community. In respect of the above role, Cordant People Ltd operate as an Employment Business, as defined under the Employment Agencies Act 1973.
1st Line support, Service Desk Technician, IT
Apply for this job