Job Role: Health & Safety Officer (Manufacturing)
Salary: Upon Application
Our client is looking for a Health & Safety Officer to join their Barnstaple Manufacturing site. This is a permanent, full time position.
You will need to be Qualified NEBOSH Diploma level or equivalent with clear understanding of HSE and ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 standards and requirements. You will have a broad experience in a manufacturing environment, including a number of years being involved in safety and environmental issues. This is a rare opportunity for an experienced Health & Safety professional to continue their career in a key role where they will be solely responsible for the H&S at the site.
The main purpose of the Health & Safety Officer is to provide a professional H&S advisory and training service to the Company, to monitor the application and compliance of H&S policies, and to be the primary H&S representative of the Company with external agencies. To manage the delivery of skills training within IPDE focused on Safety, Health & Welfare at Work. To act as a support to the Environmental team.
Areas of responsibility will include:
* Providing expert advice and training
* Managing Policies and Procedures
* Risk Assessment and safety audits/inspections
* Accident investigation and reporting
* Skills Training
* The job holder must forge a strong link to HR, the European EHS Manager and other internal H&S and Environmental professionals in order to keep abreast of business direction, employee relations issues, legislation and strategies and tactics.
* The job holder will determine appropriate PPE for a particular activity; source PPE, training and communication aids cost effectively; use judgement and knowledge to decide on working practices and has the authority to override line management in order to stop an unsafe practice or where the environment will be put at risk
* A full job description will be available on application along with salary and benefits information.
* Qualified NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent with clear understanding of HSE and ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 standards and requirements
* Broad experience of manufacturing environment including a number of years being involved in safety and environmental issues
* Effective trainer, ideally with experience of having led teams in a matrix environment
* Effective communication skills both on a one to one basis but also in classroom presentations
* Must have the confidence and personal presence to manage internal and external contacts at all levels from the HSE Inspector, through customers, senior line management and staff
* IT skills, Microsoft Office suite for data management and effective presentation
* A good understanding of the training techniques and their effective deployment in differing groups and environments in order to be able to achieve the required learning outcome
* Effective negotiation skills both for financial elements with external suppliers and internally wit line managers or individuals in order to achieve the required outcome
* Good decision making and judgement focused on facts and appropriate understanding of risk and legislation
* Total confidentiality and integrity in terms of individual medical issues/information, external claims against the Company and potential risks
If you have the relevant experience and would like to apply for this position, then please contact Cordant People on 01271 859135
Cordant People is an equal opportunities employer
Cordant is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Apply for this job