* Individual responsibility for customer specific internal audits and external assessment body performed audits as directed by Quality Manager/QE Section Leader.
* Responsibility for customer audits as part of customer periodic re validation, new product introduction or quality concern review.
* Responsibility for integration and maintenance of customer specific and external assessment body specific requirements into internal quality documentation.
* Work flexibly with the internal QA team & wider plant teams / individuals to deliver continuous improvement in work method, systems & product quality through the APS system.
* Work smoothly with external colleagues & with customer representatives - demonstrate a high level of competence, effectiveness & integrity
* Continually improve and maintain current plant quality documentation and customer specific, IATF16949 and VDA requirements.
* Ensure that Customer quality requirements are incorporated into and controlled within Peterlee plant manufacturing operations.
* Conduct internal audits to a scheduled annual plan to satisfy IATF16949 and customer specific requirements. Support customer audits as required.
* Manage IMS administration, involving system updates, document approval and system maintenance.
* Involvement/Leadership in Departmental APS activity to continually develop and improve existing systems, standards and procedures.
* Manage implementation of internal and customer process change requests.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
5q.1 Qualified Auditor credentials & demonstrated experience:
Internal Auditor IATF16949:2016
Internal Auditor VDA 6.3
5q.2 Educated to HND level in an engineering or quality discipline (will consider HNC level if
combined with Quality qualification)
5q.3 Quality Assurance specific qualification: City & Guilds, IQA, TQM Diploma
5q.4 APQP Core tools trained
5q.5 Lead Auditor qualified
Skills & Knowledge
5s.1 Knowledge of Heat Treatment processes & auditing - ideally CQI-9 trained
5s.2 Ability to read & interpret engineering drawings - preferably CAD trained
5e.1 Minimum 5 years' experience in quality system engineer role, or similar
5e.2 Previous experience in a high volume, fast paced manufacturing environment
5e.3 Evidence of effective team working skills / leadership of teams
5e.4 Good verbal, written & presentation skills - confident & articulate - with experience of customer liaison
5e.5 Experience in web based customer systems (VW Be-On, Daimler Covisint, NISSAN Renault ANPQP etc…)
5e.6 Previous experience in Automotive manufacturing environment
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer
Qaulity, Systems, Engineer, Manager, Improvement, Auditor
Apply for this job