My client are looking for a self starter to join their accounts team based in Blackpool. As an accounts assistant you will be able to manage your own work load and be able to communicate with a number of both internal and external suppliers, building and sustaining long term professional relationships.
* 6 month Contract
* Full Time
* Mon - Fri
* £22k pa
* Blackpool area
* Assist with month end management accounts preparation and reporting
* Prepare and monitor cash flow forecasts
* prepare and submit weekly treasury reports
* prepare VAT returns
* prepare EC Sales lists and intrastate submissions
* Purchase ledger cover
* sales ledger cover
* credit control cover
* supporting the operations finance team
* Liaising with purchasing team to ensure invoicing values match purchase order values. Be aware of how discrepancies are managed with suppliers
* Review stock provision calculations and ensure stock for write off is processed correctly
* Calculate rebates
* Over see petty cash transactions and perform a full reconciliation at month end, ensuring variances are investigated and resolved
* Collate and upload the time and attendance data for process via 3rd party payroll provider, ensuring accuracy and confidentiality is maintained at all times
* General administration duties
The role will include filing, answering the telephone and maintaining other office processes. Communication with other departments and customers and suppliers will be part of the role, along with various ad-hoc duties as required by the line manager.
Proven experience and knowledge of computerised purchase and sales ledger is essential.
Experience with the NAV computer system would be advantageous.
Knowledge and skills;
* Knowledge and understanding of Microsoft office is needed.
* Be able to plan and organise both familiar and new tasks. Able to respond to detailed written and oral communication in an office setting
* Be able to work on own initiative or with others on tasks with minimum supervision
As an equal opportunities employer, Cordant People welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
In respect of the above role, Cordant People Ltd operate as an Employment Business, as defined under the Employment Agencies Act 1973.
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer
"Accounts assistant" "accounts" "sales and purchase ledger" "finance support" "finance" "sales ledger" "purchase ledger" "credit control"
Apply for this job